Day 20

It's Day 20 and the white blood cell counts are still stagnant at 0.04. The doctors were honest about their anxieties and the need to do a second transplant. What it entails though, is chemotherapy, radiation and the other half of my life (Kidding. (:). His primary doctor says it's gentle chemotherapy. Nigel says, there's no such thing as gentle chemotherapy. I don't beg to differ. He's got his two feet firm on the ground, that much I'll say about my little brother. 

He is little. To me. We're eleven years apart. Don't take my word for it. 

Point proven? (: Mum brought home some childhood candies and while we both knew these were terrible tasting chocolates, we never knew that there were two holes at the side for eyeglasses. God gave this boy a sister to be there for his entertainment always.


It's been 50 days of hospital food. He isn't impressed but he does try to eat what he can. I bring dinner daily, but he's picky about my food. The irony. (:
But here's what he had as an add-on today. We haven't okra on the menu so we bring it from home. Garlic, spicy fermented bean paste stir fried okra. What's the benefit of this you ask?
I don't know if he needs collagen right now. But the more practical health benefits of this would be Potassium, Vitamin B, C, folic acid and calcium.
He doesn't have much of a dietary restriction as long as food is fresh and thoroughly cooked.

Tonight, the temperatures were above what we'd like to see but we're always hopeful.
His doctor mentioned Day 24. We'd like to see counts go up slowly but surely from now till then.
Keep praying along with us. (:

If you'd like to lend a hand on his medical costs, do drop me an email at istophere@gmail.com.

Feel free to share your thoughts and leave comments for Nigel. I'm all ready to practise my oral skills for when he gets too lazy to read.

In His love and ours,
Brenda & Nigel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Cytomegalovirus (CMV)?

Day 19

Day 31: The day before.